My Financial Aid - Bennington College
What is my FINANCIAL AID ID? A Financial Aid ID is sent within 1-2 business days via email to new students who have:
- submitted an application for admission, AND
- indicated they will be applying for financial aid on their Admissions application.
To gain access to your electronic aid file, enter your Financial Aid ID (a capital letter and five digits). The password is set up (by you) during the first-time activation. For security purposes, this FIN AID ID is not the same as your federal (FAFSA) FSA ID, or the CSS Profile ID, or your Admissions Status page ID. Please keep all of your login IDs in a secure place.
The 'FIRST-TIME ACTIVATION' link is used once to activate your account. For all future access, use 'SUBMIT.'
Throughout the year, you may use these pages to:
- APPLY ONLINE: Complete the Bennington Aid Application online
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: View the list of docs we've received and those still outstanding to complete your file
- AWARDS: View your financial aid award
- ACCEPT AWARD: Accept, decline or reduce the aid funds offered to you
- COST + MESSAGES: Research costs for each program for budgeting purposes and review important messages about your financial aid award. Most messages are printed on the 2nd page of the financial aid award letter too.
- FORMS: Print special aid forms (as required) and learn how to complete certain requirements like Income Confirmation.
If you wish to see your aid information from a prior year, select that year in the dropdown at the top of the page.
Beginning the Financial Aid Application
The 1, 2, 3 financial aid application. These three items are required to receive a need-based financial aid award:
1. Online aid application
2. FAFSA* need help?
3. CSS PROFILE required only for first-time undergraduate applicants requesting institutional need-based aid. Domestic, international, and transfer.
*FAFSAs marked for Verification by the Department of Education will be asked to provide further documentation to confirm eligibility. Check your Required Documents tab (above) regularly for updates and changes.
Questions or concerns? Contact us at email@example.com or 802-440-4325.