My Financial Aid - Bennington College
Having trouble logging in? Check the browser first. Supported browsers for My Financial Aid include:
Safari for Macintosh (on a Macintosh)
Safari for Windows
Microsoft Edge (only if you're using Windows 10)
Internet Explorer 11 (only if you're using Windows 7 or 8.1)
Where do I get my Financial Aid ID? A Financial Aid ID is sent to the student's email within 1-2 business days after the Admissions Office receives an application for admission and only if the student indicated an interest in applying for financial aid. Aided students can find their ID on the 2nd page of their financial aid award.
- Logging in for the first time? Enter your Bennington "Fin Aid ID" (a capital letter and 5-10 digits). This is NOT the same "FSA ID" you use for the FAFSA. Create a password with at least 9 characters, has capital and lower case, at least one number, and at least one special character ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) Click on the link "FIRST-TIME Activation Only." DO NOT USE SUBMIT if this is the first time ever logging in or you will get an error.
- Logging in again? Enter your ID and password, then hit SUBMIT.
- For security purposes, this ID is not the same as your federal (FAFSA & Student Loan) FSA ID, or the CSS Profile ID, or your Admissions Status page ID. Please keep all of your login IDs in a secure place.
- The 'FIRST-TIME ACTIVATION' link is used once to activate your account. For all future access, use 'SUBMIT.' It's worth saying again.
Throughout the year, you may use these pages to:
- APPLY ONLINE: Complete the Bennington Aid Application online, where you will provide permission for us to speak with your parent(s), let us know about scholarships or tuition benefits you will be receiving from sources other than Bennington, etc.
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: View the list of docs we've received and those still outstanding to complete your file. We can only calculate awards when all documents 'For Packaging' are noted as received. Likewise, we can only disburse aid after the term begins when all documents "For Disbursement" are noted as received.
- AWARDS: View your financial aid award
- ACCEPT AWARD: Accept, decline or reduce the aid funds offered to you. This is an important step.We cannot transfer your scheduled aid to your student account in Populi until you let us know which funds you want or don't want.
- COST + MESSAGES: Review costs for each program for budgeting purposes and read important messages about your financial aid. Most messages are printed on the 2nd page of the financial aid award letter too.
- FORMS LIBRARY: Looking for a document that isn't linked? Find them here. Print special aid forms (as required) and learn how to complete certain requirements in the How-To documents.
- FWT: Learn more about the field-work-term experience
- WITHDRAWAL POLICY: Learn more about calculating charges and financial aid should a student withdraw before completion of a term.
If you wish to see your aid information from a prior year, select that year in the dropdown at the top of the page.
Beginning the Financial Aid Application
The 1, 2, 3 financial aid application. All three items are required to receive a need-based financial aid award:
1. Online aid application on My Financial Aid
2. FAFSA* need help?
3. CSS PROFILE required only for first-time undergrads (domestic, international, or transfer) requesting institutional financial aid.
If you are interested only in merit-aid scholarships and do not need student or parent loans, work study, or need-based grants, you DO NOT need to complete these forms. Students are considered for merit-scholarships automatically based on the strength of their application for admission. Just let us know that you are applying for "merit-only."
*FAFSAs marked for Verification by the Department of Education will be asked to provide further documentation to confirm eligibility. Check your Required Documents page regularly for updates and changes.
Questions or concerns? Contact us at email@example.com.