My Financial Aid - Bennington College
The 'FIRST-TIME ACTIVATION' link is used once to activate your account. For all future access, click 'SUBMIT.'
WHAT IS MY FIN AID ID? A Financial Aid ID is sent within 1-2 business days via email to new students who have:
- submitted an application for admission, AND
- indicated they will be applying for financial aid on their Admissions application.
To gain access to your electronic aid file, enter your Financial Aid ID (a capital letter and five digits). The password is set up (by you) during the first-time activation. For security purposes, this FIN AID ID is not the same as your federal (FAFSA) FSA ID, or the CSS Profile ID, or your Admissions Status page ID. Please keep all of your login IDs in a safe place.
Throughout the year, you may use these pages to:
- APPLY ONLINE: Complete the Bennington Aid Application online
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: View the list of docs we've received and those still outstanding to complete your file
- AWARDS: View your financial aid award
- ACCEPT AWARD: Accept, decline or reduce the aid funds offered to you
- COST + MESSAGES: Research costs for each program for budgeting purposes and review important messages about your financial aid award. Most messages are printed on the 2nd page of the financial aid award letter too.
- FORMS: Print special aid forms (as required) and learn how to complete certain requirements like Income Confirmation.
If you wish to see your 2015-2016 aid information, select that year in the dropdown of the "year" field after login.
Beginning the Financial Aid Application
Applying for aid begins with these three forms :
1.) Bennington College Financial Aid Application (APPLY ONLINE tab) after you login to your My Financial Aid page here.
2.) Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) required for US undergrad and graduate students requesting need-based aid or student loans. The FAFSA is available after January 1st each year. The Dept of Ed has created helpful tutorial videos to guide families through the FAFSA process. See the FORMS tab "FAFSA Help Videos" or go here. https:// www.YouTube.com/playlist?list=PL23B9A23CD8DD82DD
3.) CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE for NEW STUDENTS ONLY required only for first-time undergraduate applicants requesting institutional need-based aid from Bennington. Domestic, international, and transfer.
IMPORTANT: Check your REQUIRED DOCUMENTS tab often for any other documents that are required, based on your unique application and level of financial need
Questions or concerns? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-440-4325.